Sunday, March 15, 2015

A very social week and weekend

It has been a very busy week and weekend socially and a bit slower with work which isn't so bad. We actually ended up forgetting to take pictures a bunch! Work started off a bit weird with my ladies since the big discussion from the last week, but definitely got better as the week went on. Two of my ladies I think really go the message and were trying really hard this week. The youngest one actually even apologized to me for what happened in the stadium. The one lady who missed the whole talk but who received the text from me was definitely a bit passive aggressive and had a bit of attitude early on. Then one day when we were alone, I approached her and asked if there was anything she wanted to talk about. She said no and that she was just not feeling well and was a bit off. She asked what specifically i meant and i said basically you seem less friendly and less happy at work. Since then she basically went back to normal.

Socially, on Monday we had dinner at the surgery house. Dr. Charles is here this week and that was fun. Tuesday night we and girls night with me, 3 Irish girls, and Julia my Italian friend. We had a healthy potluck and just hung out! On Wednesday, I went to try on my dress for Lisa's wedding and it was a disappointment. It just didn't look the pictures at all. I was upset so we went out to dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant. On thursday night we went to a goat braii potluck at Rob and Rita's house also for Dr. Charles. Rita made amazing key lime pie. Another girl, Ali, brought home made sushi which was awesome. Friday night was Japanese night at Serendipity cafe with amazing homemade Japanese food including sushi from ladies in the Japanese community. I actually ended up befriending one of them. She said I have to come over for dinner and i'm looking forward to her inviting us soon! We also went there with and at first hung out with Lucy's parents Jon and Kate. They're really cool. On Saturday we did some shopping and ran errands. Picked up my dress which looks so much better then from Wednesday, although still not exactly what i wanted. Saturday night we had dinner at our house where John, a British friend, helped cook and what a feast@ Gnocchi with tomato sauce, fried calamari, fish, roasted veggies. We then went to the amazing St. Patricks day celebration which was quite the event. Every ex pat was there! They had cheese and beer from Ireland. Our friends did amazing Irish dancing. Today Sunday, we had lunch with Dr. Mitchell, the Harvard prof I met through the Sun award I received that ultimately helped Ben get a job. At night Julia and I went for a walk in our neighborhood.

our housegutests

japanese food

saturday night dinner

St. patricks day friends

awesome irish dancing

more Irish and Malawian friends

my chitenje jumpsuit

another new chitenje dress


1 comment: