Monday, April 6, 2015

Long time no Blog

It's been about 3 weeks since I last updated the blog! Sorry! its been very hectic, but i'll try to take you through the highlights in pictures...

On March 19 afternoon, I left for the U.S. It was my first time back since I left in July. I went for 2 weddings and a bridal shower of 3 of my best/closest friends. I also spent time with family and some other friends and had a great couple of days in Boston where I saw mentors, friends, and have 2 talks on my work in Malawi. All were fun and a great success!

I skyped with my team every day and overall everything went well while i was gone--at least not major issues. The only problem (which also happens when i'm here is data entry errors). We fixed those! the study is moving so fast! we are almost done with enrollment!

I was happy to be back to Malawi. Overall, I like our life and adventure we are having! i also missed Ben!Once I was back we went to a fun Kenyan going away party, had a breakfast club, and then went with a couple of friends for weekend away at the lake. It was all great fun and now we are sunburned but relaxed.



dinner out in one of my new chitenje dresses on last night before i left for nyc. we had dinner at latitue.
a very cold and snowy NYC! I couldn't believe in snowed the first day i got there!
once I was back, we went to this awesome Kenyan party. It was the going away part for Normal, one of the Kenyan staff for the Ujuma--No means No, preventing sexual violence in children. It's a really cool organization Ben is working. The party was awesome. i danced non-stop. Ben drank a bit and actually started dancing too as shown above.


On Friday, our friend Andrea wanted to have us for breakfast club. She made an amazing breakfast. We went over there, but then as she was starting to cook things the electricity went out so we shifted to our house where we had power to finish the cooking. We had a delicious meal. I worked the rest of the day into the night. The next day we were off to the lake,
sunset at the lake at blue zebra lodge. Ben's parents came there too when they visited. I thought it was nice enough but too overpriced for what it was. The one thing that was very well priced and amazing was the spa. I got a body massage and also a complimentary foot massage. All were amazing!


Us swimming int he lake.
After weekend in the lake, we had dinner at home (some trader joes's goodies i brought back) and watched the first episode of Mad men!!

1 comment: