Sunday, September 21, 2014

Malawian Bridal Shower!

Today I went to my first Malawian Bridal shower. It was Evelyn's cousin's named Memory. It was fun and interesting and very different. There is constantly a money dance---this is something I also experienced at my friend's Nigerian wedding. There was a program and basically the bride picks different people to give speeches/advise on all sorts of topics. I was surprised there was even one topic on HIV.  The advisor gets a gift from the bride and again more money dances. This is basically just throwing money at the bride or other important guests as they dance. The money goes to the bride at the end.  The groom and his groomsmen do come in at one point and also listen to advice, but otherwise no men.











No comments:

Post a Comment