Sunday, January 4, 2015

lazing around Lilongwe

This was the first weekend in a while that we just stayed in Lilongwe with no visitors and just hung out the two of us. We watched a danish/swedish series called the bridge which I love. We finally exercised. we went out to dinner at Mamma Mia and I played chef a few times with varying degrees of success. We also worked a bunch--Ben more then me. Also payed a visit to the Golden Peacock Hotel looking for dim sum which was quite an adventure. None of the Malawians or Chinese staff had any idea what i was talking and I ran around the hotel looking for the Chinese resautrant which of course turned out to be closed. I take it they don't have dim sum. The hotel was very fancy and reminded me of the empty nicer chinese hotels we stayed in while on the China trip last year at HSPH.

the entrance to the hotel

the Chinese walkway from front part to back part of building

Lilongwe by night during the holidays

view from my pedicure, rainy season is really here

one of my more successful meals

1 comment:

  1. Even your lazy weekends are more productive than my busy weekends ;) glad you guys had a chance to relax!

    ReplyDelete