Monday, January 5, 2015

"Sometimes in Malawi we burry people alive"

today one of my team members was a late because her grandmother who lives with her family died. I told her of course she should go home and she did. Then after lunch, the other ladies told me that she texted them that it turned out her grandmother didn't die and she'll explain today. Then there was a passionate conversation about how its not uncommon for people to be pronounced dead and even prepared for burial or even in the coffin and then they are actually alive and start banging on the coffin or talking. Apparently it's even happened in the hospital and of course was in the newspapers. Anyway, looking forward to hearing what happened tomorrow. I also wore my new chitenje skirt and beaded necklace today and got lots of compliments!




1 comment: