Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Santa Erica arrives and first day of training

Our friend Erica who actually introduced us arrived! it was so great to see her and she also brought a whole suitcase full of presents for us from The amazing Wildfires! We went out for Indian! Erica is my only friend who has visited me in every place i've lived!

It was also first day of the real breast cancer training and was absolutely amazing! My team is unbelievable! they're so passionate and dedicated and incredible students! they want to learn so much we just keep breezing through the schedule!

Blandina, my friend is a breast cancer survivor and former Ms, Malawi, and Malawi's #1 breast cancer advocate came to share her story which was really powerful in galvanizing and motivating them. One of my team members who is also a survivor also shared her story which was so emotional we almost cried. Her family had to sell everything so she could go to south africa to get treatment! I think it was a great start to the program!





1 comment:

  1. your program sounds amazing! i am very proud of all you do! the house looks more and more festive for the holidays! Best of luck in everything!

    ReplyDelete