Saturday, December 13, 2014

Slumber Party

Ben was out of town Wednesday and Thursday night so I got lonely and decided to have a good old fashioned slumber party. My friend Olivia is one of the research assistants at work. She is an incredible person that is so hardworking and dedicated to making Malawi a better place---a rarity among the people I've met in my professional environment so far. She has 4 kids ages 7 months-8 years and works full time while sadly her husband is unemployed. He is incredibly supportive husband and father--another thing not typical of most Malawian men.  She is actually going to university in February to study law. I also encouraged her and helped her apply for this fellowship in DC this summer. I really hope she gets it! Olivia and her husband Joseph and youngest 2 kids (Praise-7 months and Divine 3 months) all slept over. We went out to eat at Ethiopian which was really delicious. Joseph had it before and really liked it, but Olivia never did and she really enjoyed it too.






No comments:

Post a Comment