Monday, December 1, 2014

Week of Frustration and Thanksgiving

Last week was a very frustrating week at work for me. It was the first time since I arrived to Malawi that I actually didn't want to be here. I don't feel like writing the details too much but basically unfounded last minute political BS  on unfounded perceptions with completely lacking facts or merit. It is just a highlight of how highly dysfunctional this place is and what false advertising it is. I am working towards a solution which seems promising, but I'm still incredibly anxious until I have everything 100% set and ready to go as I did before last Monday. We had the pups last week which was fun and Dr. Anthony Charles (trauma surgeon from UNC and head of Malawi Surgical Initiative) came over our house for dinner along with a SICU UNC nurse-Julie and Jared. We had  a burrito bar curtesy of papaya--our fave Mexican like place here and some cooking from Margaret.  Thanksgiving was a pot lock at Mina (the clinical director here) house. Margaret our housekeeper made some good peanut butter cookies and peanut butter frozen yogurt. The food was good!

We took Evelyn out to Papaya before she left for university!

The pups! Max liked to sleep next to me on my rug and Teddie would get sad and cuddle up too.

trying to watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade from slingbox! it actually wasn't that bad of a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment